Lemon & Cauliflower Pilaf
2 teaspoons canola oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
1/2 (about 450g) cauliflower, cut into florets
1 1/4 cups (250g) basmati rice
2 tablespoons mild Indian curry paste (such as korma)
3 cups (750ml) Massel Vegetable Liquid Stock
2 bay leaves
1 cinnamon quill
400g can lentils, drained, rinsed
2 tablespoons finely chopped coriander leaves
1. Heat oil in a large frypan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the cauliflower and rice and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
2. Add curry paste and cook for a further minute. Add stock, bay leaves and cinnamon, then bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 15 minutes until rice is cooked and all liquid has been absorbed.
4. Fluff rice with a fork, stir in lentils and heat through for 1 minute.
5. Sprinkle coriander over, and serve with chutney, if desired.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition per serving: 268 calories, 50g carbohydrates, 2.4g fat, 11.8g protein.